Camping Toy offers a variety of delights!
In the heart of the Great Sites of the Pyrenees
A relaxing break, a discovery holiday, with the family or as a couple... the Pays Toy in the Gaves valley is surrounded by the valleys of Cauterets, Argeles-Gazost and Bagnères de Bigorre. It invites you to go on a rich and varied holiday.
- On Luz, with the open-air swimming pool in summer, the Luzéa spa, the tennis courts, the Maison de la Vallée, and activities all year round to be as close as possible to the campsite and share special moments with your family.
- A few minutes away, your children will love the the Pyrenees Park with its marmots, brown bears, otters, wolves... and the Chlorofil acrobatic park for forest adventures.
The Donjon des Aigles in Beaucens, where eagles, vultures and other birds of prey nest, is a beautiful animal show... They allow you to get closer to a respected animal world.
- While there, you simply have to visit the fortified church of Saint-André, known as the Templars' church, the Château Ste Marie, the streets of the village and the thermal district of Saint-Sauveur. In the plain there are unmissable architectural gems:
- Saint-Savin and its Abbey, the hen houses of Bun in Val d'Azun, the churches, chapels and wash houses.
- Lourdes and the Marian city, its Fortified Castle with the Pyrenean Art Museum, the House of Bernadette, the Pic du Jer
- Cauterets and the Raillère waterfalls, the Pont d'Espagne and its railway station.
- Mauvezin and the Castle of Gaston Phoebus
- In Tarbes les Haras, the Massey garden with the Hussars museum. For a half-day exploring the riches of our heritage, or more if you prefer.
- Go to the Monday market near the Eglise des Templiers to find good local products, honeys, jams, cheeses, fruit and vegetables... you'll certainly enjoy these encounters.
- Take advantage of an evening to taste the specialities offered by the restaurateurs (list on the tourist office website) or discover the symbolic Barèges Gavarnie sheep or the no-less-famous spit cake. That's a gourmet stay...
Would you like to take advantage of the campsite's location and a long stay to discover new horizons over a day?
- It takes less than three hours to reach the beaches of the Basque Country, Biarritz, St Jean de Luz, or the Spanish border
- The same for Toulouse and the Cité de l'Espace.
Depending on when your holiday is, you may be able to see some of the more famous sights.
- In early July Jazz à Luz will delight purists
- At the end of July and beginning of August, the Gavarnie Festival takes over for open-air theatrical evenings. Magical!
- Marciac and its jazz festival in our neighbouring region of the Gers, where talented musicians and experienced connoisseurs meet from the end of July to mid-August
- Throughout the summer, there are various activities in the village.